[BRLTTY] Bug switching from text so graphic mode

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Thu Dec 15 05:25:01 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:24:46PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Yannick PLASSIARD on 2005/12/14 at 18:53 +0100]
>
> >And what happens if a X application tries to use BRLAPI? The device is
> >reopened ?
>
> Yes.
>
> >Another hack, would be to call brl_reset() if the
> >returned number of cells is 0 ?
>
> Doesn't that mean that there's a condition under which brl_open() won't work?
> What if the display is in that state when brltty is started for the first time?
> Shouldn't that be fixed?
Indeed you're right, this should be fixed. I'll try to debug my brl_open() and find out where it bugs.
But anyway, I continue thinking about the fact that the driver should not close the link: In the EuroBraille displays, when the link is closed, a message "Link Dead" is printed on the braille display. This would be a problem if the user thinks that BRLTTY died and try to launch a second one (which means concurrent access to the serial port). I prefer the "Screen not in text mode" message, which I can't see anymore because it is replaced by the "link dead" one.

I'll keep you informed with my brk_open() investigations.