[BRLTTY] Bug switching from text so graphic mode

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Thu Dec 15 09:46:29 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 07:52:52AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Yannick PLASSIARD on 2005/12/15 at 11:25 +0100]
>
> >I continue thinking about the fact that the driver should not close the link:
> >In the EuroBraille displays, when the link is closed, a message "Link Dead" is
> >printed on the braille display. This would be a problem if the user thinks
> >that BRLTTY died and try to launch a second one (which means concurrent access
> >to the serial port). I prefer the "Screen not in text mode" message, which I
> >can't see anymore because it is replaced by the "link dead" one.
>
> I agree with you. One of the reasons that I've left the feature enabled by
> default for the time being was to find out what the problems with it are. The
> other reason is that I've yet to figure out a good name for the option. :-)

 Is --enable-suspend or --disable-suspend suitable for this feature ?
	For listers, I corrected the bug for the EuroBraille display who caused BRLTTY to receive a segmentation fault, and it will probably be in the repository in a few revisions. The main problem with this suspend/resume feature is that , as Samuel said, there's no way for the user to switch back on a text console with his/her braille terminal (in EuroBraille displays for example, there is an internal driver menu, ccessible from anywere that allows this kind of things.
Regards,