[BRLTTY] Still can't make on netBSD

Debee Norling debee at jfcl.com
Thu Dec 22 19:22:54 EST 2005

I haven't posted in a while because I'm still trying to build BRLTTY on my
VAX running NetBSD.

Since I followed Dave's instructions to get 3.7.1, the configure script
finishes properly. But the make always freezes about thirty minutes in to
it.

I installed Debian on a spare old PC and followed the same steps with the
source, just to be sure I wasn't doing anything wrong as I'm kind of a
newbie. It built on Debian just fine.

Of course this is a VAX and this isn't Linux. But wouldn't it be cool to
have Braille access to a VAX?

Here's the last few lines captured directly from my telnet Window:

**********

   standalone-programs: no
   usb-support: yes
   libbraille-root:
   external-braille-drivers: al at ba bd bl bm bn cb ec eu fs ht lt mb md mn
pm
tn ts tt vd vo vr vs
   internal-braille-drivers:
   braille-parameters:
   braille-device: dty00
   text-table: text.nabcc.tbl
   attributes-table: attributes.tbl
   speech-support: yes
   flite-root:
   mikropuhe-root:
   swift-root:
   theta-root:
   viavoice-root:
   external-speech-drivers: al bl cb es fv gs
   internal-speech-drivers:
   speech-parameters:
   external-screen-drivers: sc
   internal-screen-drivers:
   screen-parameters:
   screen-driver: sc
orzo: {10}

Orzo is the name of my machine -- all my Unix computers are pastas. Anyway,
it just aborts to the csh prompt. After that Orzo behaves normally, I can
build other source packages for example.

Any thoughts would be great.

--Debee