[BRLTTY] distros with brltty

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Jul 1 15:08:30 EDT 2005

Christopher Moore, le Fri 01 Jul 2005 15:00:11 -0400, a écrit :
> I'm currently running slackware but am interested in trying otheringtros
> particularly those which lend themselves more easily to running accessible gnome.
> My question is whether any distros come with brltty.  Assuming the answer
> is "No", what tricks have folks used to install using braille support?
> For example, gentoo has an installation CD, but you'd need sighted
> assistance in order to run it.

People usually modify the installation floppies or CD images so as
to launch a statically-linked brltty before the installation program
itself, see documentation of BRLTTY. Some distributions (like debian)
are moving towards integrating brltty more closely: with debian, you
should some day be able to use the usual installation CD and use a USB
stick to give the brltty configuration.

Regards,
Samuel