[BRLTTY] mv text.fr.tbl text.fr_CA.tbl ?

Osvaldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Sun Jul 10 14:14:06 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 03:04:27AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Dave Mielke, le Sat 09 Jul 2005 20:56:01 -0400, a écrit :
> > [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2005/07/10 at 00:23 +0200]
> >
> > >People on carrefourblinux seem to agree that the current text.fr.tbl
> > >file seems strange for french people, while text.fr-iso01.tbl seems
> > >prefered. Someone said it looked like a canadian one. Since previous
> > >maintainers are canadian people, this seems quite plausible to me. Maybe
> > >renaming text.fr.tbl into text.fr_CA.tbl would make things more clear ?
> >
> > Assuming we were to do that, should text.fr-iso01.tbl then be renamed to
> > text.fr.tbl?
>

> Well, maybe the meeting will produce yet another french unified table...

Even whatever the outcoming conclusions/agreementes after the meeting,
Samuel suggested on CarrefourBLinuX to follow the "locales" name, so maybe
the text.fr-iso01.tbl will become text.fr_FR.tbl

If it seem Ca Quebec still uses another table, we can't punish them by
getting rid of it
(give me enough time to check/doublechek info)

I'm asking myself if using that standard of the locales can't help in
automizing the "default" brltty tbl simply by checking which locale someone
uses (always reconfig must be possible of course)

I"'m dreaming, its just an idea! :-)

Aldo.