[BRLTTY] Contrib: Brltty and usb-serial hotplugging

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 13 09:31:40 EDT 2005

[quoted lines by Rudolf Weeber on 2005/07/13 at 11:41 +0200]

>I figured out, how to set up hotplug to automatically load and kill
>brltty with a brailledisplay, that is attached via a usb-serial adapter.
>
>May be, that would be something for the util-section of the next
>Brltty distribution...

Thank you. It really looks quite simple.

Can you check if there's an environment variable available to the script which
contains the path to the device which has been assigned to the serial adapter?
Perhaps it's $DEVICE, which I see used in other scripts. Would you be able to
temporarily add the command "env >/tmp/env.log" to your script, run it once,
and then send me the result?