[BRLTTY] brltty for Fink

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Thu Jul 14 14:13:56 EDT 2005

Is anybody on this list working on porting brltty to fink? If so, can
you give me an idea of the status of this project?

I am now primarily using macosx-10.4 which unfortunately does not yet
have braille support, though there are fairly reliable rumors that it
is coming; even when it comes I don't know if it will support a
braillelite with a usb-to-serial converter or not. When I want to use
braille on the mac, I ssh in from a linux machine and use the command
line and I do have Fink installed. I'm wondering if it may eventually
be possible to go directly to the terminal application and use brltty
via fink without having to have the ssh connection?

Tia.

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."