[BRLTTY] Problem accessing mielke.cc through comcast.net

Mike Keithley mkeithley at pobox.com
Thu Jul 14 17:02:18 EDT 2005

Hello list

I'm sorry to bother people with my problem but I cannot access the
mielke.cc domain through comcast.net.

If I try
nslookup mielke.cc
I get

So I telnet to shellworld.net and
nslookup mielke.cc
I Get the name and IP address, which is 70.28.175.36.

If I talk directly to comcast.net and try
nslookup 70.28.175.36
I get a domain name of
CPE00608c86a77d-CM00e06f1f5286.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com

How do I resolve this?

Although I can access the web site using the IP address, I move my mail
using fetchmail ant that has sendmail resolving domains through
comcast.net's nameserver which times-out resolving mielke.cc.  Likewise, I
cannot send email using comcast.net's SMTP server because
resolution of mielke.cc times out.

What I'm doing now to get access to this list is to telnet/ftp to
shellworld.net (where my email is spooled), catting it to my local inbox,
and using a one-shot SMTP server (you need to enter user-name and
password per outgoing message) on rawbw.com.

Any help would be appreciated.