[BRLTTY] technical debian info

obert01 at mistigri.org obert01 at mistigri.org
Tue Nov 8 12:41:00 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 06:27:14PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mrkiko, le Fri 04 Nov 2005 18:20:21 +0100, a écrit :
> > I experienced that in the installation environment of old previous
> > version of Debian Woody, you was able to launch easily a static brltty
> > executable and proceed the installation with the "dbootstrap command", but
> > from now the debian maintainers decided to remove "/dev/vcs*" and especially
> > "/dev/tty*" and to create the "/dev/console" only device. This resulted in the
> > inability for brltty to run in this environment. If someone knows about that
> > it's pleased to make me know.
>
> Please use the Access floppies
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-i386/current/images/floppy/access/
> They include a kernel that provides every needed things.
>
> Mario, is there some official documentation page on these?
>
> Regards,
> Samuel

Hi,

I'm currently working on a script that allows to patch a debian ISO file
to include brltty in it. It's nearly working but I still need some time
to finish it.
I will post a message when it's ready.
It should work with debian sarge ISO files. But it will be possible to
add others supports in the future.

Regards,
--
Olivier BERT
e-mail: obert01 at mistigri.org
Etudiant a l'E.P.I.T.A. (cycle ingenieur, 3eme annee)
Tel: 06 07 69 79 71