[BRLTTY] The Inka display

Mike Keithley mkeithley at pobox.com
Sun Nov 13 13:58:32 EST 2005

Hello list,

I an borrowing an Inka braille display and want to use it with brltty.  I
understand brltty now has support for the Inka.  Unfortunately I don't
know what the display is called, but the time-stamps of the file on the
two floppy disks are 1995 and there are rows of numbers on the left and
right side of the display.  My wife says there is "system 90" on the top
of the display.

I have these questions:

Does anyone know where to find documentation in English?

This display has an integrated keyboard and a cable for the keyboard port.
There is also a serial port.  So, how should this display be connected?  I
assume that if I use the keyboard connection, the integrated keyboard will
be active, but will the braille display also be active?  Should I use the
keyboard port to connect the keyboard and the serial port to activate the
braille display?

Many thanks for any help.

Mike Keithley