[BRLTTY] More then one connection to brlapi

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Tue Nov 22 02:51:04 EST 2005

    ST> Jan Buchal, le Mon 14 Nov 2005 10:24:59 +0100, a écrit :
    >> I need use more then one connection to brlapi. I use gnopernicus
    >> with brltty's api and Emacs with brlapi connection. If I started
    >> gnopernicus first then brlapi run and show on braille display.
    >> After I started Emacs with brlapi support which works OK and show
    >> on braille display. but when I switch to other window gnopernicus
    >> talks but not show on braille display until I stop the Emacs.
    >>
    >> any solution?

    ST> Yes. It isn't documented yet, but xbrlapi is intended to give
    ST> the necessary focus information. When running your X session,

    ST> - Run xbrlapi, it will grab tty 7 (the one the X server runs
    ST> on), and tell the brlapi server which X window has the focus. -
    ST> Run gnopernicus, it will grab tty 7 too. - Set the WINDOWSPATH
    ST> environment variable to 7. - Run your xterminal. The shell
    ST> running in it will inherit WINDOWSPATH. - Run emacs in the
    ST> terminal. brlapi will concatenate the WINDOWSPATH variable and
    ST> the WINDOWID variable (set by the xterminal) and grab that.

    ST> Then the brlapi server will know precisely when the xterminal
    ST> (hence emacs) has focus, and else default to gnopernicus.

I'am not quite sure if I understood well. I put in my .xsession these
lines:
xbrlapi&
export WINDOWSPATH=8

xbindkeys
gnome-session

but the result is the same. the gnopernicus start automaticly after
xbrlapi. First I see some message from xbrlapi "unknown" and then
gnopernicus speech only ont show something on display. If I start the
Emacs then Emacs show on braille display correctly and only it. If I
wont switch to other windows (gnopernicus), the gnopernicus speech but
not show and on display is still the information fromEmacs.

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008