[BRLTTY] A small interesting curiosity

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Nov 28 13:24:19 EST 2005

[quoted lines by mrkiko on 2005/11/26 at 08:12 +0100]

>In the 3.7 release of BRLTTY, when I use the "copy & paste" function, pressing
>the second routing button will cause the output to be pasted more times.

I think you mean "cut twice". Yes, that's the way it used to work.

>In
>the current revision I'm using (2052) this funciont has been removed. Why?

Because users weren't getting what they were expecting. If the key would bounce
then they'd get the text cut twice without expecting it. If they pressed the
wrong key and wanted to readjust the end of the cut then, rather than the
correction, they were getting the second chunk appended. The new code allows
the end of the current region to be adjusted in case of initial error, and
allows for key bounces.

>Can
>you modify the program so that the user can choose if this option is active or
>not? THANK YOU ALL!

Is the old "functionality" actually useful?