[BRLTTY] Problem to compile BRLTTY on AMD64 architecture

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Sun Oct 16 15:02:55 EDT 2005

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Hi,

Thx a lot for your help.

> It rather seems like a bug in your /usr/include/linux/ files. What
> you can try is adding
>
> #define BITS_PER_LONG 64
>
> just after
> #include <sys/types.h>
> in BRLTTY's prologue.h. This is not something that should be commited in
> the BRLTTY repository of course. This really seems like a bug in your
> distribution's files (what is the distribution btw ?)

Ok. the distribution was Debian testing aka etch. I tried to do what you
suggest but no luck, the problem was still here. It was impossible for
me to desactivate usb support since my braille display only support usb
connextion.
so, yesterday I reinstalled completlyt my system replacing the etch
distribution by the sarge. after that I tried to compile brltty 3.7 and
had errors when doing "make". The problem was that I made a spelling
mistake when entering the name of the braille table file. After
compilation and installation I tried to use brltty but it was impossible
because the braille display was constantly refreshed so impossible to
read something. If I remember well, someone already report this issue
with brltty 3.7 compiled in 64 bits architecture on this mailing
list. so after that I compiled and installed the brltty from subversion
repository and now it seems to work well !

Thx again for help,

> Regards,
> Samuel

Nath