[BRLTTY] Problem with euro symbol using brltty with framebufferon deb sarge

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 1 11:11:41 EDT 2005

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2005/09/01 at 12:21 +0200]

>Could this be done before 3.7 is released?

The euro sign, if indeed it's A4 (158), is already correct. Perhaps it wasn't
in an earlier release (like 3.6.2).

Y with diaeresis (1345678) conflicts with Control-Y, and Z with caron (135678)
conflicts with Control-Z. The letter-plus-(78) for control characters is a
long-standing convention and it wouldn't be nice to violate it. I'll leave it
up to the French users themselves, of course, to decide, though.

Another conflict: To make the table valid for German braille as well, (2467) is
already defined to be O with diaeresis and (2468) is already defined to be o
with diaeresis. Of course, in German a letter with a diaeresis is equivalent to
that same letter with no accent and followed by e.