[BRLTTY] Unicode.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 1 17:39:51 EDT 2005

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2005/09/01 at 19:07 +0200]

>I'm not sure that Bill thought about braille _typing_
>with gnome braille. There needs to be some priority mecanism or
>something similar.

True. This brings up another issue. One of the things I'd like to start in 3.8
is Unicode support. One aspect of this, of course, is the table format.  It'd
be nice for that format to be standard, and it looks like people would like to
standardize on what we might call "Bill's format" (which, in and of itself, is
fine), but I really don't want BRLTTY's size to grow a whole lot just because
of a table format change. I'm wide open to ideas (as I always am anyway). One I
can think of at the moment is to have a configure option to select between the
full real support as supplied by whomever and our own stripped down version
which doesn't support state changes.