[BRLTTY] Yet another buglet in 3.7.2 (TSI)

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Apr 3 05:53:47 EDT 2006

Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> writes:

> Hi.
>
> Just so that it is out there until I can gather more details,
> the TSI driver in 3.7.2 tends to get confused when the display
> is turned off physically for a period of time (I usually
> turn it off at night at work).  After I turn the display on again,
> it gets recognized by BRLTTY, and the current line
> is correctly displays, but some keys (I didnt check all yet)
> do not work as expected.  In particular, the right thumbkey,
> when pressed on the top, toggles "info mode" while the lower
> half of the same thumb key does nothing.  They are supposed
> to simply scroll one line up/down, usually.

I found the problem:  I am using my TSI PowerBraille 80 on a serial port
(of course, it can only do serial).  As I am using
autodetection, sometimes, the Baum driver seems to
initialize my PowerBraille, instead of the TS driver.

I suggest we remove "bm" from serial autodetection list again,
or prevent the bm driver from autoprobing for non-BAUM
protocols on the serial port.

--
CYa,
  Mario