[BRLTTY] BRLTTY dies afterBaum driver power down

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 6 01:39:27 EDT 2006

This is a fairly recent svn revision of BRLTTY, which was running today on
my laptop connected to the university's SuperVario (aka Brailliant) 40.

I was away for about 80 to 90 minutes. the last message from BRLTTY in
syslog, which is normal, noted a Baum display power down due to
inactivity. By the time I returned, the BRLTTY process itself had died,
which I think is a bug. Normally, when the braille display is powered up
again, the Baum driver re-initializes it and resumes working.

Any suggestions as to cause and solution?