[BRLTTY] brltty and Festival Lite

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 21 08:48:37 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Hermann on 2006/04/21 at 14:31 +0200]

>the grml team compiled its distribution with the Festival Lite speech, which is supported by brltty.
>When I start using this parameter I get no error message. However, I only can hear the startup message and, when shutting down or rebooting my system, the quit message.
>I guess that further configuration has to be done. What must I do to get it work?

No, probably not. BRLTTY doesn't speak by default. There are commands to ask it
to say things, and you can go into the preferences menu to turn on the
autospeak setting. Let me know if you need ehlp to figure out the bindings. You
can use TL1+TL2+TR2 to get to the help screen, and you can use TL1+TL3+TR1 to
get to the rpeferences menu.

>Okay, you may answer as in many mailing lists "rtfm", but I would appreciate a
>few short tips.

No. I think people who give that kind of an answer are extremely rude, and
won't appreciate it if anyone ever does that on this list.