[BRLTTY] brltty 3.7.2 USB claiming fails

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Feb 4 08:30:24 EST 2006

[quoted lines by mlang on 2006/02/04 at 14:16 +0100]

>Does anyone know, is there a known problem with claiming USB
>devices from user-space on 2.6?  I just tried brltty 3.7.2 with
>my HT braillestar via USB on a 2.6.15 box which apparently
>had belkin_sa loaded (the kernel driver for the usb-to-serial interface).
>If belkin_sa is loaded, brltty can not start, and the kernel
>reports that "brltty" tries to set the USB config for a device which
>is already claimed by "belkin".

I think I know what the problem may be. There's code to handle it when claiming
the interface, but not when configuring the device. It used to work before
because we used to claim the interface first, and probably stopped working when
we switched the order of operations and now configure the device first. Can you
please tell me what errno you're getting, and also let me know what the exact
error log is? Thanks.