[BRLTTY] brltty for the mac

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jul 3 11:01:29 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2006/07/03 at 09:55 -0500]

>are you saying brltty should work on the
>display when started or that I have to be using the screen utility or
>something in addition to brltty?

There are two issues. In this case I'm referring to the fact that we don't have
a native Mac OS X screen driver yet. If, however, you build screen with the
patch that can be found in BRLTTY's Patches subdirectory, brltty should be able
to work with that.

First of all, however, we need to ensure that the braille display itself is
working. If you aren't even getting the "BRLTTY 2.8dev" line then it isn't.