[BRLTTY] Contraction error: Daredevil

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Mon Jul 3 16:08:23 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

As I have asked before, how can I contribute maximally to this project? The
word "daredevil", for example, should not use the e-d sign. I'd be happy to
contribute code if that would help, for this and about a dozen or so other
words I've come across since the beginning of the year, but since
everybody's very busy I'd like to be as efficient and considerate as
possible. If there simply isn't time for this stuff now, I'd appreciate
knowing this too.

At any rate, here are some daredevil examples. Read them in 8-dot computer
braille. Note that I explained "computer braille" erroneously before; it
simply means one print character yields one braille character. Contrast it
with literary braille in which one or more print characters yields one or
more braille characters:

 d>edevils :o rode ! logs d{n ru%+
   ,a bit (a d>edevil1 ,cora decid$ on
man4 ,he is ab ! mo/ d>edevil rid} 9