[BRLTTY] Elba

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Fri Jul 14 00:23:56 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I just got an Elba with a 32-cells braille display and an azerty
keyboard.
I am wondering if someone here also uses this terminal with brltty.
I'd like to know if it is possible to connect it to a PC with an USB
cable, or if the serial one is the only possibility. Also, I'm wondering
whether somebody already tried to embed brltty into the Elba to replace
the uxdots screen reader that comes with it.
Finally, has someone tried to upgraee the embeded system ? The vendor
claims there is a Debian in the elba, but neither apt nor dpkg is present,
unfortunately.

More generally, any comment regarding Elba would be very warmly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sébastien.