[BRLTTY] GPM support

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 16 23:28:42 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2006/07/16 at 20:36 +0200]

>Is there any reason for not enabling GPM support by default? (not
>setting the "window follows mouse" or "mouse follows window" preference
>by default, but at least the GPM support).

The feature is incomplete and I haven't yet taken the time to figure out how to
finish (fix) it. The problem is that "Pointer Follows Window" doesn't work
correctly. The GPM function which it uses does redraw the pointer in the new
place, but GPM's knowledge of where the poitner is isn't updated.

>It seems to me very useful when a blind person wants to show something to a
>sighted user or vice-versa.

That's exactly why it was originally written.