[BRLTTY] Compiling static brltty - No screen or unreadable screen

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Sun Jun 4 04:45:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

In order to be able to install myself a fresh Ubuntu Dapper drake with
braille support at the very first stage of the installation process I
try to build a static brltty binary which I will try to run in the
alt-f2 console after booting the cd. But I encounter a problem which
make impossible to use the statically linked binary after compilation.
Here is the line I enter :
./configure --enable-standalone-programs --with-braille-driver=pm --with-braille-device=usb: --with-text-table=fr_FR

I tried with brltty 3.7.2 and with brltty 3.8dev

When I try to run the obtained binary I obtain :
- brltty 3.7.2 : No screen
- brltty 3.8dev : Unreadable screen

what do you think about this ? Is it something missing in my ./configure
command line or is it a bug with pm driver ?

thx in advance for help,

--
Nath