[BRLTTY] Compiling static brltty - No screen or unreadable screen

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Mon Jun 5 02:58:45 EDT 2006

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Nath, le Sun 04 Jun 2006 23:56:50 +0200, a écrit :
>> yes. In fact before trying to start the static brltty in the Ubuntu
>> install environment I try to execute it on the machine where I have
>> tried to build it.
>
> Could you then add the -n -l 7 -e options and send us the output?

Hi Sam & all,

in fact I solved the problem.
As you asked I tried to rebuild the binary in order to run i with the -n
-l 7 -e options but before doing the ./configure step I had the idea to
run the "make dist-clean" command. After that I rerun the ./configure
and make and when I launch BRLTTY now it works perfectly !
I believed that when you run ./configure all the old options were erased
but it seems it's not the case.
Now I will always run make dist-clean before running ./configure !

Thx a lot for your help !

> Samuel

Nath