[BRLTTY] brltty with mbrola speech

Olivier BERT obert01 at mistigri.org
Wed Jun 21 09:23:39 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:48:12PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Olivier BERT, le Tue 20 Jun 2006 15:31:13 +0200, a écrit :
> > The final thing will be to write a driver for speech-dispatcher that
> > handles this text-to-speech software. In general, it's not very
> > difficult if you know C programming to write such a driver.
> > I wrote one for the cicero TTS that allow us to have a very good french
> > speech feedback on linux : brltty for console, and gnopernicus or orca
> > for gnome desktop.
>
> Oh, it works for brltty, gnopernicus and orca? Shouldn't this be
> included mainline?

Yes maybe it should. But I thought that I had to test it a bit before.
If someone here wants to test a french voice in gnopernicus/orca,
please go to : http://www.terramitica.net/projects/speech-dispatcher

The tarball you will find will install on your system a copy of
speech-dispatcher that outputs to the cicero TTS engine by default.

NOTE: for a use with gnopernicus/orca you need to have a gnome-speech
library that supports output to speech-dispatcher. I think the last
release of speech-dispatcher has this support.

Kind regards,

--
Olivier BERT
e-mail: obert01 at mistigri.org
Etudiant a l'E.P.I.T.A. (cycle ingenieur, 3eme annee)
Tel: 06 07 69 79 71