[BRLTTY] MinGW

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Mon Jun 26 14:05:46 EDT 2006

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2006/06/23 at 14:28 +0200]
>
>>If I try to save preferences, I get: 'brltty.exe: Cannot open
>>preferences file /etc/brltty-ht.prefs: No such file or
>>directory. Shouldn't it be c:/brl/etc/brltty-ht.prefs, as I used
>>the configure parameter --with-execute-root=/c/brl?
>
> No. The configuration file [brltty.conf] and the preferences files
> [brltty-xx.prefs] are always in /etc (configurable via --sysconfdir), i.e.
> they're outside of the execute root. The error message you're getting implies
> that you don't have /etc. Is this correct?

Yes, it is. Thank you for this important reminder!

As I've noted before, I would like to make a CD version of the MinGW
build of BRLTTY. But in this case, the drive letter isn't the same on
every CD drives. So could it be possible to get all the file and dir
names relative to the location of the binary executable file, such as
bindir/../etc/brltty, etc.?

Best regards
Lars