[BRLTTY] Does the rhmkiso script work for anyone at all?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 8 06:58:54 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2006/03/08 at 18:20 +1100]

>In the absence of anything better, you may have to follow this procedure,
>which is likely to work better as long as someone else is maintaining the
>MAKEDEV script and it creates all the nodes you need, which in this case would
>be part of the CD image.

That's essentially what we're doing. The problem seems to be that MAKEDEV,
while portable in name, isn't portable in syntax. We must make those devices
while creating (actually, modifying) the CD image because they must exist right
away, i.e. when brltty starts. Waiting for udev to start isn't an option. In
fact, udev probably never does start because we're discussing installer images
(that we're adding brltty to).