[BRLTTY] Re: Speech enhancements

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Mar 18 06:10:27 EST 2006

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> So far, we've discussed one of the four times when autospeak speaks. The other
> three are character replacement, character deletion, and moving to a new line.

JFYI, we will probably need a fifth type of autospeak in the future probably.
One braille display manufacturer is going to release a product
which does "finger tracking" in the near future.  This means, the display
will be able to tell the driver where the reading finger position
currently is.  This would allow for synchronising speech output with
braille reading.  As usual with this company, I will try to get my
hands on a sample for development as soon as it reaches
my country.

--
CYa,
  Mario