[BRLTTY] Vario connect

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Tue Nov 7 10:07:10 EST 2006

    DM> [quoted lines by Jan Buchal on 2006/11/06 at 18:25 +0100]
    >>> brltty: RFCOMM socket connect error 16: Device or resource busy.

    DM> This is a Bluetooth problem and not a driver probem. Are you
    DM> able to eliminate the complexity of Bluetooth and connect the

Hello,

the display works already! Great. I would like describe step by spet.

My configuration:

Debian testing, kernel amd64, brltty 3.8 devel.

First I must pair Vario connect with bluetooth device on notebook. It was
first not so easy because pin helper for console is unsupported. then I
use passkey-agetn.

Second I try l2ping bdraddr, this utility works probably similar as
ping. Braille display answered so I tried run brltty.

brltty -b bm -d bluetooth:00:A0:96:10:DF:58 but the result you saw in
previous email.

Then I connected rfcomm with bind address of braille display' bluetooth.

rfcomm connect hci0 bdaddr

In this moment braille display beeps but once only.

then I run brltty but first:

brltty -b bm -d bluetooth:00:A0:96:10:DF:58 and display not works.

If I run brltty:

brltty -b bm -d /dev/rfcomm0 brltty started OK and display displays. :-)

I don't understand why is not possible use direct bluetooth device, why
is necessary to use /dev/rfcomm0?

Thanks

--

Jan Buchal