[BRLTTY] Having problems...

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Nov 11 22:13:51 EST 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 06:51:58PM -0700, Mark L. Melonson wrote:

> # brltty -b ba -d usb:
Try -b bm
instead, or just run brltty without any parameters and it should detect the
display, then use the correct driver, all entirely automatically.

Brailliant is just a rebranded SuperVario, but the rebranding is evidently
done in the firmware and the USB chip, not just on the box and in advertising
materials. For example, the vendor and product name specified in the USB
configuration are both changed accordingly.

I placed an order for one of these myself a few weeks ago; it will be my next
braille display. The university also has one, which I like very much.