[BRLTTY] Startup problem with brltty under Ubuntu together with Orca

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Nov 20 10:56:34 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Hermann on 2006/11/20 at 15:34 +0100]

>In order to start brltty before logging in and starting Orca, I crated
>a link
>S20brltty
>in /etc/init.d
>Is this the reason for that startup problem? Any alternatives?

Yes, that'd cause the "excess parameter" error because it makes Ubuntu think
that the brltty binary is an rc (or system startup) script. You'd have to ask
someone who knows Ubuntu (I don't), but it may be that it already has a brltty
rc script which just isn't activated in the current release. If it does,
there'd be a standard way to activate it.