[BRLTTY] translation and contraction table question

Scott Haeger scott at bashautomation.com
Wed Nov 22 12:48:13 EST 2006

A couple questions for the team:

1.  I am trying to get a better understanding of how to use the
translation and contraction table, but I am not having much success.
Here is my setup:

Brltty is latest from svn and built with default settings.
Python bindings to brlapi with the XWindows braille display.
Start brltty with brltty -b xw -x no -e -n -l 7 -c en-us-g2.ctb  (for
contraction)
Use script to writeText("altogether") expecting to see "alt" displayed.
However, "altogether" is displayed.

2.  Similar question 1 involving translation table.  I would expect to
see different pin combinations for some characters.

3.  What is the best way to change the cursor shape?

Thanks for your time,
Scott Haeger