[BRLTTY] key problems on Alva Satellite 544 with brltty 3.7.2

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Mon Oct 2 15:26:26 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Aldo on 2006/10/02 at 20:58 +0200]
>
> >I don't understand that choice as default; it is practical and increases
> >efficiency.
>
> My thought at the time was that the default should minimize user surprises. I
> might've been wrong. What do others think about whether autorepeat should
> default to on or off? This is a good time to discuss it since 3.8 will probably
> be released soon.

I think it should be on by default.

> Are there any other features which anyone would really like to see in 3.8?

Some way for BRLTTY when built as a standalone-program to redirect its
log outputs to a console other than the foreground console.  When, for
example, a braillified Fedora install disk is used, any BRLTTY output
(for when a display is disconnected and reconnected) completely messes
up the installer's display with no way to refresh it back.

This is most probably really trivial to do but I just never got around
to do it myself.

Nicolas