[BRLTTY] key problems on Alva Satellite 544 with brltty 3.7.2

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Mon Oct 2 16:27:18 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2006/10/02 at 16:00 -0400]
>
> >I don't remember exactly which one are already used, consoles 1, 2 and 3
> >for sure... Maybe console #5?
>
> May I ask you to figure that out for sure for me?

>From http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialRedHatInstallation.html:

   Note: Install output is written to five of the virtual consoles. Note
   these key bindings are for the installation only.

   Console # / Key / Output
   1 Alt-F1 Installation Dialog
   2 Alt-F2 Shell Prompt
   3 Alt-F3 Install Log
   4 Alt-F4 System Log (from OS kernel)
   5 Alt-F5 Other Messages
   7 Alt-F7 X Graphical Display (new to RH 9.0)

So /dev/tty5 is appropriate for BRLTTY messages in that context I'd say.

Nicolas