[BRLTTY] Anyone ever ran brltty with valgrind?

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Oct 28 22:05:40 EDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 02:06:30AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> IIRC, I ran it once and discovered a few leaks which got fixed.

I also wonder whether this might help to track down the problem I've noticed
on my laptop, as follows:

If I connect a Baum SuperVario 40 display and let it time out so that BRLTTY
registers a power down, then leave it for a while longer and eventually turn
the braille display backon, I sometimes discover that BRLTTY has inexplicably
died. ps -C brltty confirms this. There is nothing reported in the system log
files, however. If I could find out when and why the BRLTTY process terminates
in this situation it would certainly help.