[BRLTTY] qemu/vmware/... virtual braille devices?

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Apr 7 06:46:14 EDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 11:37:07AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> And that's precisely what brlapi is meant for, and that already works.

Exactly, and now I think I understand the proposal - negotiate access to the
physical hardware over a network socket, with each BRLTTY instance being a
client that interacts with a virtual device.

I expect you would prefer a protocol (such as Baum escape protocol) that could
enter a "power-down" (i.e., inactive) state whenever another instance is
accessing the real hardware.