[BRLTTY] qemu/vmware/... virtual braille devices?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Apr 7 19:25:17 EDT 2007

Dave Mielke, le Sat 07 Apr 2007 09:43:00 -0400, a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2007/04/07 at 10:56 +0200]
>
> >The problem is that you can't let both brlttys use the same device at
> >the same time. You have to turn one of them off and switch back & forth,
> >which is tedious. Or use another braille device, which is expensive.
> >With a virtual braille device everything should work smoothly, just like
> >for other devices (video board, mouse, keyboard, ...)
>
> Rather than a virtual braille driver, why not just use the BrlAPI braille
> driver?

That's the solution I proposed on the list where the issue was raised.
However, this requires some not-so-trivial configuration and it doesn't
permit to test another screen reader than brltty in the emulated system.

I mean, you are saying "why does qemu emulate a video board while we
could use vnc?" :)

Samuel