[BRLTTY] Linux & VOIP in console

Klaus Knopper brltty at knopper.net
Sat Apr 28 15:41:36 EDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 08:02:59PM +0100, mrkiko wrote:
> Hi! Thank you for your answer.
> Linphonec: I tried it.
> It's a framebuffer SDL app: it will bring you in graphic mode!

Actually, it does not seem so. For me, it starts on the text console and
has a textual interface, EXECPT if you start it with the -V option,
which indeed tries to initialize an SDL video window. Without -V, it
works well with sbl as screenreader. Btw, thanks for the hint,
linphonec seems to be a good extension for our nonvisual desktop. :-)

I tested linphonec fron the linphone-nox 1.6.0-2 package
from the Debian/testing.

With kind regards
-Klaus Knopper