[BRLTTY] A bug in revision 3008-09 of version 3.8dev?

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Mon Apr 30 15:50:38 EDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2007/04/30 at 14:52 -0400]
> >And that string may not only be "BRLTTY version 3.8" but it
> >should also include the svn revision number as reported by svn during
> >the build process, like $(svn info | sed -ne 's/^Revision: //p') as well
> >to be safe.  It would need to be autogenerated and included in the .tgz
> >distribution of course.
>
> Yes. It'd be nice for this to work when the source tree has been exported
> (rather than checked out) as well. This is something I haven't figured out how
> to do yet. Does anyone know how to get svn export to produce a reliable
> revision number? For checked out source I'd use the svnversion command, but, of
> course, that doesn't work for exported source.

Does svn have the ability to expand keywords like CVS does?  If so then
the version string could be built automatically. [looking at the svn
doc] ... no it appears that the keyword expansion will substitute the
version that given file was modified and not the global revision.

And instead of my svn info hack, it is recommended to use the svnversion
tool to determine a global revision number.

Nicolas