[BRLTTY] lfs live disk and braillenote

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 24 11:39:00 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by cody on 2007/08/25 at 09:09 -0700]

>that image should work fine, since the friend I have has used that same
>image.I've even tried booting this on another machine and I know what port I
>need to be using..

Do you know which release of brltty is on it?

Is it possible that your uppercase lock is on and you're entering the boot
command in uppercase instead of in lowercase?

Do you, by any chance, have another system that's up and running nearby, i.e.
on the same LAN? If so, just to get the install done, you could try a
telnet-based install. If you'd like to give that a try, let me know and I'll
tell you hnow to do it. That's what I do here for all my other systems since it
means that I don't have to reconnect my braille display, and, therefore, I can
keep on working while the install is running in a different window.