[BRLTTY] brltty "keyboard braille device" support (and a few more things)

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jan 25 00:38:18 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 08:51:05PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:

> This is correct. What doesn't work, however, is brltty doing anything else
> while waiting for the braille display to reconnect. We'd need to restructure it
> so that commands from the keyboard are read and processed while waiting for the
> display to reconnect.

A question of motivation: why would you want to accept keyboard commands when
the braille display is not connected? Is it to change the configuration before
re-connecting?

I can understand why support for keyboard commands would be desirable - some
braille displays might not provide enough keys and switches of their own to
cover the full set of BRLTTY commands.