[BRLTTY] brltty "keyboard braille device" support (and a few more things)

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jan 25 03:46:51 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 03:09:52AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> I don't know what it's official name is, but, unless I'm overinterpreting the
> requirement, I think what's being asked for is the ability to cut with brltty
> and paste with gpm, etc. Linux has a shared cut buffer for this.

There's also a scroll-back buffer for the console, but I don't know whether
BRLTTY supports it.

Another reason which has been mentioned before for implementing keyboard
access in BRLTTY is to allow direct braille input, which currently isn't
possible unless you have an INKA, Braille Star, or other braille device that
supports it.