[BRLTTY] brltty "keyboard braille device" support (and a few more things)

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Jan 25 04:12:42 EST 2007

Hi,

Dave Mielke, le Thu 25 Jan 2007 03:00:25 -0500, a écrit :
> >Would it be helpful if I send you my current sbl source so you can have
> >a look at it, or would you rather like to just point me to the right
> >place to start implementing a keyboard driver in the brltty source?
>
> I don't think a keyboard driver is the right way to do it. A keyboard monitor
> would be much better. I shall think about it for a bit.

The current sbl solution, if I understood the source code well, is based
on a kernel patch, isn't it?

A patchless solution is to use ioctl(EVIOCGRAB) on "input" devices.
I can work on getting that right (I already implemented such a thing
for a kernel module).  That only gives raw keycodes, however (not 'a',
'b' etc).  That reminds me that I wanted to submit "input" people this
issue, which is a blocker for such accessibility applications (not only
sbl & brltty, but also speakup, jupiter, etc.)

Samuel