[BRLTTY] brltty "keyboard braille device" support (and a few more things)

Klaus Knopper brltty at knopper.net
Thu Jan 25 14:43:49 EST 2007

Hi Nicolas,

Which "other speech-based screen readers that do the job well" are you
referring to? Everything I tested was not in the least way sufficient
for a computer beginner, and didn't work well with either braille or
software sound synthesizers. (yasr, brass, speakup, ...)

So far, I know only of sbl as both, a decent braille driver with keboard
support, and an interface to use festival or mbrola with
user-configuration and profiles.

Are there any other screenreaders I should look into, that I may have
missed?

I CAN stay with sbl, but I had hoped that brltty could become a better
replacement. Having seen and wored with the sbl code, I don't think it
is very maintainable in the long term.

Regards
-Klaus