[BRLTTY] brltty "keyboard braille device" support (and a few more things)

Hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Fri Jan 26 05:44:07 EST 2007

Hi to all,
I used brltty and sbl together on a machine where I installed grml, a
debian based system, available on a liveCD.
I didn't experience any conflicts, but both don't communicate in a
strict sense, they run parallelly.
Because I'm not able to patch the kernel, I hadn't the full screen
navigation sbl offers.
What sbl does, was to read in applications that have a system cursor. It
didn't speak in the shell.
I remember that Samuel told me that there's no need to patch the kernel,
if the sbl developpers manage to use udev (ist this a driver or an
interface?)
I don't know enough about that stuff, so Samuel, could you please
explain again, what it's all about?
If I understood well, it's possible to use sbl for screen navigation
implementing udev.
Regards
Hermann