[BRLTTY] No braille support for Orca in Feisty

Hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Sun Mar 25 05:59:28 EDT 2007

Hello Samuel,
the braille support works under the Ubuntu live CD, but not from start up;
the reason why seems to me to be the following:
When Feisty starts, the braille display is recognized pretty early, a short
time after USB is recognized.
When I quit brltty after start up and restart it, and than setting up Orca,
everything is OK.
I came upon it, because I had to restart brltty in order t set the log
level. This I think is the reason why people who installed Feisty on their hard
drive experience no problems.
However: A new major issue came up: Brltty and Orca don't work at all in
the latest Feisty, the beta included. There's no console, and when I try to
set up Orca by pressing Alt+F2 in the GUI, I cannot log out and back again
at the end of the procedure. The GUI dies after logging out, and I cannot
get it back to work.
My last working live CD is from the 7th of March, and I retested it since
the 20th of March, where the trouble began. During this 14 days period
someone must have crushed the system terribly.
So how and where to file a bug, when the whole system seems to be one?
I stored the daemon.log inspite. Do you still need it?
Regards
Hermann