[BRLTTY] Support for 'dead' or broken cells?

yan at mistigri.org yan at mistigri.org
Wed Mar 28 04:25:07 EDT 2007

Hi:
> Hi All:
>
> At CSUN, the LSR folks showed an interesting feature to provide support
> for filtering out broken or dead cells on the display.  This seems like
> a feature that should live in BrlTTY, since it could take advantage of
> such things when presenting information for virtual consoles.  I think
> the basic idea would be to just treat the cell as if it weren't even
> part of the display.
>
> Would being able to keep/use a record of broken/dead cells be possible
> to do in BrlTTY?
Yes this could be an interresting feature:
In the core we could make a difference bitween the 'real length ' of the
display and the 'actually used length'.
Moreover we would have to implement something like a table refering to
cells that are 'down' or 'not working'..
For example wlets take a 20 length display content :
[abcdefghijklmnopqrst]

And lets suppose the 5th cell no longeer works, we would arrange the
message like this :
[abcd efghijklmnopqrs]

Here the 5th cell is dead so we put a space (0x00 dot-pattern), and
right-shift the end of our message content: so here, the actual
display-length would be 19 cells.

Is that what you would like ?

Yannick