[BRLTTY] BRLTTY dies after S/Vario power down

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 28 07:01:00 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 12:05:44AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> >Debugging suggestions are welcome.
>
> Be sure that an unstripped binary is running, that a core file will be dumped,
> and that you know where to find that core file. That should be adequate. You
> should then be able to use that core file against the same binary and libraries
> (i.e. on the same system) to get a proper backtrace with gdb.

Here's what I did, as root:
ulimit -c unlimited
brltty
then ran gdb, attaching to the BRLTTY process. The brltty executable was a
non-stripped binary in /usr/local/bin. After BRLTTY died and gdb reported the
exit code, there was no core file in /root (the directory that was current
when I ran brltty) or in /usr/local/bin or in any other obvious place. It
should have been dumped in the current directory from which brltty started,
unless I'm wrong about how this works.