[BRLTTY] Support for 'dead' or broken cells?

Erik Heil eheil at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Mar 28 09:34:23 EDT 2007

Hi.
Not sure if barious Braille displays actually support this, but if they do
have a mechanism for tetecting dead/broken cells, perhaps brltty could use
this.  Something like   when thdsmart subsystem dtermines that some
sectors are bad and need to be taken out of service on storage media.
IMHO though, another way to eal with this is to have the user be prompted
for inical setup.  For those that have cursor routing buttons above each
cell, their could be a test that simply presents the eight dots on the
cell. The use could then be prompted to confirm that the cell is ineed not
functioning properly.  That way, Brltty could built up an internal table
of cells that are taken out of service.   Should the cells at one point be
repaired, the use could then reinicialize the table of values.